High Country Guest Ranchwelcome to your next Black hills geT-away
HILL CITY | SOUTH DAKOTA
Your Next Getaway Begins…
Centrally located between major attractions!
Beautiful Cabins in a Peaceful Setting
Choose between spacious log vacation homes, one-room cabins, or camping cabins for your stay at High Country.
The vacation homes have fully stocked kitchens with dining/living areas and range from 1 bedroom+loft up to 5 bedrooms. Some homes have Jacuzzi’s, hot tubs, pool table or fireplace. All homes have DirecTV, AC, heat, fire pits, grills & picnic tables.
Cowboy Cabins sleep 4 and are individual log cabins with 2 queen beds, bathroom, small dinette, DirecTV, dorm fridge, microwave, coffee pot. Each Cowboy Cabin has a front deck with a table & 4 chairs, hibachi grill, AC & heat. The 4 Cowboy Cabins share an outdoor hot tub and large fire pit. Cowboy cabins closed winter months (October through mid May)
Rodeo Camping Cabins sleep 5 or 6 and are roomy one-room cabins with 2 queen camping bunks, 1 or 2 twin bunks, table & chairs, kitchenette with sink, dorm fridge, microwave, coffee pot, DirecTV, bathroom, AC & heat. Outdoors each camping cabin has a hibachi grill and picnic table.
Camping in High Country
Enjoy the Black Hills Under the Stars
We have 8 RV Sites available to reserve open from May to September every year. We can accommodate back-in, pull-in, and pull-through sites with 30 Amp and 50 Amp hook-up options.
Our tent camp sites located between the Rodeo cabins and the pond on the property. This location will provide you with the most breathtaking views right from your tent site any direction you look! There is a public restroom with showers located just a few feet from the tent sites for your convenience.
We have 4 dry camping spots available to book; no hook-ups, although there is a water source near by if needed! We also provide a dump station at our office for a small $10 fee.
We have 15 horse stalls available to book! They are outdoor stalls which are 16′ x 16′. They each come with their own water source for the horses.
Rent our RV on site that sleeps up to 8. Great for families.
Experience the Hills Ranch Style
Take a trail ride in the beautiful Black Hills National Forest with our friendly wranglers—a must-do for your Black Hills vacation. Choose from morning & afternoon ride times 6 days a week. Riders must be at least 6 years old; maximum weight 240 pounds. Trail rides are operated with a special-use permit from the BH National Forest.
Trail Rides | Kid’s Pony Rides | Roping Lessons.
WHAT OUR VISITORS SAY...
- “I wanted to write to express our thanks for the wonderful accommodations, the friendly & helpful staff, and the peaceful, loving energy of the ranch!” – Lynn K.
- “Thank you as always for an amazing stay—the serenity here is priceless! The warm openness equals a small touch of heaven.” – Jane B.
- “Dear Owners…you blessed our time together as sisters. I had a wonderful time turning 50! I love the ranch, the scenery, and the story!” – Bev D.
- “Thanks for a great, relaxing, fulfilling, energizing, scenic, comfortable weekend in the Hills!” – Bill H.
- “We wanted to tremendously thank you for ALL your help, support, and the small touches you did to help our wedding go smoothly. Everything was awesome and each staff member made our special day unforgettable!” – Alana & Eric