Where wedding dreams come true!
The High Country Guest Ranch is the ideal location for your Black Hills wedding! Our serene mountain meadow provides the perfect backdrop for your special day, spring, summer, fall or winter! Dakota Hall, our indoor dining hall has decorative string lighting and can seat up to 285 people for your ceremony or reception. Outdoors, Ponderosa pines and pretty aspen provide a scenic backdrop to the High Country Theater, which also seats 285 guests. In addition, we have a large grassy area which can accommodate a white wedding tent sized to fit your need.
The surrounding hills and ranch setting provide a long list of picturesque backdrops to create the most stunning wedding photos. As a gift from High Country, the bride and groom receive two nights in our romantic log honeymoon cabin (based on availability) on your wedding weekend. Choose from our other vacation homes and cabins for your wedding party to get ready for the big day. High Country has catering services onsite, and also allows outside caterers.
Your guests will love the convenience of spacious log vacation homes and smaller cabins available for nightly rentals. During the summer months, there are a number of activities that will keep your guests happy without ever leaving the ranch. Located 4 miles west of Hill City, we are conveniently located in the ‘Heart of the Hill’s, only 14 miles from Mount Rushmore. Make your Black Hills wedding a memory that will last a lifetime!
Venue fee includes:
- Wedding coordinator to assist in details between the bride & High Country
- Staff to run cash bar for reception
- Honeymoon cabin for 2 nights (depending on availability)
- Free 1 night stay to visit High Country beforehand and finalize plans (off-season only)
- Indoor or outdoor ceremony site
- Picturesque settings for photos
- Golf cart (1) use for bride & groom on wedding day
- White wedding arbor and white folding chairs
Services/Options available for additional fees:
- Tent rental (rented thru outside vendor—no upcharge from us)
- Golf cart rental for guests or family
- Separate sites for bridal parties to get ready (depending on availability)
- Catered rehearsal dinner (limited Memorial Wkd to Labor Day Wkd)
- Catered reception dinner (limited Memorial Wkd to Labor Day Wkd)
- Lodging for guests & family
NOTE: We have a license to sell domestic beer & wine only, so we do not have hard liquor. We do, however, have a supplier for wine-based vodka, rum & tequila for limited mixed drinks. We do allow other caterers to provide food for your reception, but must be approved by High Country. We do not provide table linens or decorating.