High Country is the perfect place to create vacation memories that will last a lifetime. Make your days as busy or relaxed as you want!
- relax at the heated outdoor swimming pool
- play volleyball or horseshoes
- hike the Mickelson Trail (109-mile hiking/biking trail that borders the ranch)
- High Country Grille & Pub–open for takeout or dine-in, Mon-Sat, 4-7 pm; summer season
- enjoy picturesque views of the meadow and horses
- grills provided at each cabin
- gather loved ones under the stars around the campfire
- reserve our picnic pavilion for group picnics or barbeques
- leave the coolers at home and let us do the shopping for you!
- Breakfast on the Patio summer season
- browse our General Store & Gift Shop
Dakota Hall houses the General Store, a fully-stocked convenience store with a wide variety of grocery items, basic necessities, select dairy & frozen food items, ice-cold beer, wine and Coca-Cola products. There’s also a gift section with caps, jewelry, T-shirts, South Dakota gifts, buffalo skulls and more. The store carries items from nationally-known artist David Behrens, with a selection of his historical Native American prints, coffee mugs, & T-shirts. Books, western prints, rock collections & photo cards from High Country’s own author/photographer Barbara Marshak are also available.