We are very excited to mark the 2nd anniversary of our High Country Journey! Two years ago today we took over as caretakers of the High Country Guest Ranch and thus began our new life in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota.
First I need to acknowledge some really wonderful people who were integral in making High Country the great vacation destination it is today:
- The Funding Farm partners in Brandon, South Dakota
- Private investors who believed in our dream
- Homeowners of the High Country Vacation Homes
- Brulé & Team
- Circle B Folks
- McCaskell Family
- High Country staff
- Hill City community
We’ve been very blessed to work with all these fine folks and appreciate the role each has played. Of course in operating a guest ranch, one of our greatest rewards is getting to know so many gracious & interesting people who have visited High Country, whether they’ve chosen to stay in one of our cabins, or stopped out for a trail ride, or attended one of our family-friendly shows: Brulé and Circle B.
Here’s a look at some of our accomplishments in the past two years:
- Brulé Summer Concert Series at the Buffalo Moon Theater
- Buffalo Moon Grille
- Circle B Wild Horse Gift Shop
- High Country General Store
- Breakfast Bar
- ATV rentals
- Picnic pavilion
- Online Grocery Orders—Easy as 1-2-3!
- Updated & remodeled some of our vacation homes & cabins
Remember too, the ranch is open year-round, so you don’t have to wait until summer to come and see us. Whenever you do come, we’ll be here to greet you…staff, horses, dogs & all!